Friday, September 28, 2012

Swimming in the Shadow

It's been pouring rain here all day today, so I am glad that I went for a swim yesterday at Walden Pond. Was sitting on the wall, reading and soaking up the sunshine, so I got into the water on the late side. The water was quite chilly at first, and the setting Sun was directly in my eyes. So, I kept my eyes aimed downwards, towards the water, or kept them closed when I came up for air. (Whenever I swim with my eyes closed, I wind up unconsciously swimming in the direction of the Sun anyway, so I guess that makes me a Heliotropic organism.)


Once I got close to the back end of the pond, I was in the shadow of the trees, and did not have to look down or keep my eyes closed. But when I turned around and headed back, I realized that it was taking me a long, long time to get out of the shadow. I was in a cosmic race--could I swim faster than the sun was sinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Blog by Mike Cohen the Storyteller and Web Developer for and about Books, Bike Touring, Cartoons, Life in the Future, Thoughtful Cultural Commentary, and Subversive but Witty Remarks.

Thank you for reading my Blog, and for wanting to submit a Comment. Reader input is moderated, but comments that are Appreciative, Insightful, Respectful, and/or Witty, will be published. Haters and Spammers, however, will instead be relentlessly tracked to their miserable lairs, and then subjected to unspeakable punishments. Mwuhahahaha!!!