Monday, October 10, 2011

Last Outdoor Swim of 2011


Sunday, October 9th - Biked out to Concord for one last outdoor swim at Walden Pond. The top two inches of water were nice and warm from the sun, but underneath it was cold! So cold I couldn't get myself all the way in at first. Had to say the Sh'ma prayer before I could convince myselft to dive in, and then swim along the bottom. It's always even colder down there, so when I come back up to the surface, it doesn't seem as bad. Did a full mile plus a little extra.

Comment by Alex Jacobowitz: Great! I'm glad you've resurfaced after so much time submerged! I always wanted to visit Walden. I don't suppose you've read much about it, have you? Good to know you said the Sh'ma! I'll be in Berlin for Sukkot tomorrow night. You?

(From the Book of Faces, October 10, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Blog by Mike Cohen the Storyteller and Web Developer for and about Books, Bike Touring, Cartoons, Life in the Future, Thoughtful Cultural Commentary, and Subversive but Witty Remarks.

Thank you for reading my Blog, and for wanting to submit a Comment. Reader input is moderated, but comments that are Appreciative, Insightful, Respectful, and/or Witty, will be published. Haters and Spammers, however, will instead be relentlessly tracked to their miserable lairs, and then subjected to unspeakable punishments. Mwuhahahaha!!!